Thailand will waive quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated international travellers travelling to Phuket from 1 July, 2021.
The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is pleased to provide the latest general information on the reopening of Thailand, starting from Phuket as the pilot destination from 1 July, 2021.
Measures to enter Thailand for Thais and non-Thai nationals.
1. Travellers are advised to avoid at-risk areas or crowded places no less than 14 days before their travel date.
2. Travellers must travel from countries/regions approved by the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) as proposed by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports (MoTS) and TAT, and must have been in the said countries for no less than 21 days before their travel date. They must register their travel via the designated system or website, and have the following documents:
* A certificate of Entry (COE).
* A medical certificate with a laboratory result by an RT-PRC method indicating that COVID-19 is not detected no more than 72 hours before their travel date.
* Copy of an insurance policy in English covering healthcare and treatment expenses for COVID-19 per applicant for the whole duration in Thailand with coverage clearly identified as no less than US$100,000.
* Copy of the payment confirmation for a 14-night stay and RT-PCR tests at hotels approved by the MoTS or TAT. In the case that the length of stay is less than 14 days, travellers must present a confirmed flight ticket out of Thailand.
* A certificate of vaccination against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by the MoPH or the World Health Organisation (WHO) no less than 14 days before their travel date.
3. Travellers under 18 years of age, travelling with their parents or guardians, must have a medical certificate with a laboratory result by an RT-PRC method indicating that COVID-19 is not detected no more than 72 hours before their travel date.
Travellers must undergo exit screening before departure.
1. Travellers must undergo entry screening as well as Immigration and Customs procedures:
* Details on requirements for travellers on direct or non-direct flights will be available soon
2. Download and install an alert application, as well as set the application on at all times for the whole duration in Thailand.
3. Proceed directly to the reserved hotel on approved airport transfer service.
4. Undergo a COVID-19 test (RT-PCR method) at own expense as per the following requirements:
* Taking the first test upon arrival and await the test results in the accommodation.
* Taking additional RT-PCR tests as per the following requirements:
* Travellers with the length of stay less than 7 days are required to take another test on Day 6 or 7, or as per the MoPH’s guidelines.
* Travellers with the length of stays between 10-14 days are required to take the second test on Day 6 or 7 and the third test on Day 12 or 13, or as per the MoPH’s guidelines.
* In the case that travellers are tested positive for COVID-19, travellers will be referred to specified healthcare facilities for medical treatment at their own expense.
5. If tested negative for COVID-19, travellers can go anywhere in Phuket.
6. Travellers with an intended length of stay less than 14 days must leave Phuket (Thailand) immediately on an international flight to another country on or before their intended departure date.
7. Travellers who have completed 14 nights in Phuket will be allowed to continue their journey to other Thai destinations.
For more information about entry requirements, accommodation and more, please consult: